Founded by Caroline Ashleigh, is a fine-art and antiques appraisal and consulting firm that provides services for private and corporate collectors, museums, galleries, law firms, banks, insurance companies, and auction houses throughout the United States. Our firm is delighted to receive appraisal requests for individual items, small collections, up to large estates.
Appraisal Practice and Code of Ethics
Each written appraisal is a scholarly, legal document compiled from our worldwide database of international auction results, providing a full description of the specified article including provenance, condition, biographical information and photographs of the article(s). All appraisals are written in conformity with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and Code of Ethics of the Appraisers Association of America. Our commitment to excellence ensures that the value of your art and antiques will not be underestimated. Every appraisal written by Caroline Ashleigh Associates, LLC is done with total dedication to due diligence, scholarship and ethical practice. Our skillful team of professional researchers and specialist appraisers are USPAP certified, members of professional appraisal organizations, including many years of collective experience in the profession.
Our firm offers tailored appraisals from a certified appraiser at affordable prices, in a timely manner, for the purposes of:
- Estate Appraisals
Estate appraisals are required when an owner or a collector dies. The estate must be given a cost basis for federal tax purposes.
- Donation Appraisals
Donation appraisals are required by the Internal Revenue Service when a donation of one or more like items (i.e. a number of paintings) is worth more than $5,000.
- Insurance Appraisals
Insurance Appraisals are necessary in order to protect your collection from loss by fire, theft, damage, etc.
- Equitable Distribution and Division of Property Appraisals
Equitable distribution appraisals are necessary in divorce or business dissolution when personal property must be divided equitably.
Our consulting services include:
- Auction Your Estate.com* Auction and estate liquidation services. We are experts at ensuring that your personal property is not undersold by placing it in the proper venue for maximum exposure
- Lectures, Editorial Contributions, Radio Interviews and Television Appearances Caroline Ashleigh is available for presentations and appearances on all aspects of appraising and collecting
- Expert Witness and Litigation Support Investigation, evaluation, and testimony in matters relating to personal property
- Restoration and Conservation Services Examination, documentation, treatment and preventative care of artwork
Visit our other websites:
Join me on Facebook and Follow me on Tumblr, Twitter and LinkedIn